I really enjoy my weekends with the labbies…even when it leaves me exhausted and covered in poison oak (ivy…not sure)
Saturday we spent the afternoon hiking. Off leash for Sophie and two friends, on leash for Swyatt. Sophie is great off leash and checked in quite frequently.
Swy got a few mins off leash (his leash was on and dragging along). He recalled the first few times. Then I think he realized he was free and didn't come back as quickly as I like. So off leash time was done. Good short session for his first time :-)
Sunday was flyball practice. I still need to work with Sophie to get her stamina back up. Hill runs are in both our futures (eep!) But otherwise she looked good and was her usually noisy, tug fiend self.
Swyatt did recalls perfectly. He even did dead ball retrieves at our practice field. It was great! He was excited and when i said ready he would rock back on his heels to push off. WOHOO!! Progress!!!
That was our moment of glory!
Then I though we should do side by side recalls. I figured Sophie would be a good dog for him to run with because he knows better than to chase her. We put baby gates up as a precaution. Well the little yellow boy, took a flying leap over the baby gate and proceeded to chase Sophie all the way to the run back. <----moments crazy="" lab="" of="" p="">
We tried twice more, holding Sophie for a split second so Swyatt would run first. That worked, he didn't notice she was even there, granted she is slower than him so he probably never saw her…but baby steps! LOL
----moments>
No comments:
Post a Comment