Friday, March 20, 2015

Sophie update

It is already mid March...this year is just flying by! We have had a busy few months.



Sophie is doing very well! We accomplished one of our goals for 2015. She earned her Flyball Master Champion (15k) title a few weekends ago in Las Vegas. She had a few hiccups but pulled it together to earn her title.

Teammate Reese and Sophie sitting pretty for their award picture. Reese received her 5K title the same day Sophie got her 15k. :-)

Last weekend, we ran UFli and she ran on a pick up team one day and singles/doubles the second day.  We had fun running start dog and got some really nice start times. She was able to run 5.3 which she hasn't in awhile now.

She isn't as speedy as she was in her younger days but she still gives it her all. I am hoping to get her to her Onyx and then retire her. She would probably happily continue running but its a very physically sport and I don't want her to over do it. We are also a small team and have lots of up and coming dogs that need spots to race. Once we get her Onxy we will turn our attention to trying out Rally and Barn Hunt :-)



Next time, I will update about Swyatt's progress and his first preflight experience!

1 comment:

  1. I loved Rally, and that Barn Hunt looks like a fun sport too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...