Friday, January 20, 2012

Second Agility Trial: Saturday Runs

Finally, videos from our Saturday runs.

Re-watching them is always an interesting experience. I did see a few things I liked in each video. I also saw a lot of things I want to work on.

Overall, yes I don't think it was our best event together but it is ok! I recently stumbled on a quote on Many Muddy Paws that I think really sums competition with Sophie up for me.

We have all had days when we felt we let our dogs down in competition, but our dogs don't care about winning and losing. The only day you truly let your dog down is the day you put your ego first, instead of thanking your dog for the privilege of his effort. - Kathy Keats 


It is a privilege to compete with her because she trusts me to keep her safe and have her best interest at heart. We do this for fun and we won't always excel. We just need to have fun!:

Wildcard



Standard



Colors



Jumpers

4 comments:

  1. I love the videos. No run is ever exactly as you want it to be, but s long as you and Sophie are having fun, to me, that is all that matters.

    PS - The look on Kolchak's fac as we watched the videos was classic! I took a picture and I'm going to use it as today's Pet Project 365 image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie - I just love how happy dogs look doing agility!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! We aren't ready for a trial yet, but love agility!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you both did a great job. Yes there were a couple of times she didn't do what you wanted, but you did a great job of getting her back on task.

    I'm jealous of your agility ring, ours is so small (probaly a third the size of yours) so it's really tight and at times hard to navigate.

    GREAT job to both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...