Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mostly Wordless Wed

Caught midshake!

Sophie has been on restricted rest since last Thursday much to her dismay. We had to cancel our flyball trip. I got home on Friday ready to hit the road. My parents had been watching Sophie and said that she had been squeaking when they played tug and didn't want her hind end touched. She overdid it on Thursday playing with doggie friends. Not unheard of for her as she doesn't know her limits. So while she was still running around the house like a hurricane, I felt it best to pull her from the line up. I worried she would hurt herself trying to do box bounces or fore go them all together. Unfortunately that left our team in a bit of jam to rearrange both teams she was on. But they rallied and did awesome placing third both days!

Sophie is doing much better and will be returning to her regular activity in a week in a half. Before that she will likely drive me a little crazy lol!

7 comments:

  1. Hope she is feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the dreaded bedrest. I know all too much about it -- lots of non-movement-involved tricks are the only way to maintain your sanity (and hers). Someone taught their beagle (!) to pick out the aces in a card deck when he was on bedrest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope she gets to feeling better!

    As much as I love the team aspect of flyball, which I feel really makes it different from all other dog sports, it can sometimes be a bummer. Like when you have to pull your dog from the lineup. You know your team will understand, they would do the same in your place, but man, you feel so bad for letting them down. (I've totally been there, and with the height dog on the team, getting injured after the first race of the day! They had to jump 14" the rest of the day. I felt so bad.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor Sophie!! I hope she feels better soon and I love the picture of her with her eyes closed enjoying her shake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the well wishes!

    Ximena, I'm going to have to google that beagle trick it sounds awesome!

    K-Koira, yeah that is the hard part about being on a team. I felt so bad since she was on two teams but knew everyone understood. Didn't mean I felt better but it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sophie

    I hope you're up and running again really soon!! :)

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. poor sophie! i hope she's feeling better today. i'm sure she's going out of her mind with boredom. poor pups just don't understand that they need to rest when they're hurt. sad and frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...