Monday, July 2, 2012

A Saturday morning of classes

I was finally home for a weekend. The first time in a long time so Sophie and I were able to make it to obedience class and agility class on Saturday.

We are finally taking a Rally class in hopes of competing later this year. Class went fairly well. We went through an AKC Novice Rally course and an Advanced Rally course. I have a list of things we need to work on but overall I was pretty happy with how we did. A lot of the points we lost were handler errors LOL

Things to work on:
- moving from Sit to Stand.
- pivot to the left
- figure 8s with food distractions

For me:
- read the signs closely!!! I missed a few halts and would have Sophie go straight to a down or whatever else was requested.

Agility: well that didn't go so well. But I will save that for another post.

We ended our morning of classes by meeting my parents for lunch at an outdoor cafe. Sophie was wonderful and laid down next to my chair the entire time. Though she did give me the puppy dog eyes hoping for some food (lucky for her my dad is a pushover and she got a small bite of food)





1 comment:

  1. HIGHLY recommend a platform of some sort (bowl, frisbee, duct-taped DEX book, whatevers) for left pivots. Elli's a pro at them now. :)

    I want to enter a Rally class too, very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...