We had a good weekend at RFR's Patriot Games in gorgeous Truckee. The venue is great, lots of room for crating and long runbacks. The only downside...it was 90degrees on Sat and slightly cooler on Sunday....and we were racing 5/5.
I had a very tired black labbie! Even Swyatt was tired and he didn't do much but come out and socialize a little.
![]() |
| We had to race ourselves at one point...fun but a little chaotic! |
Our teams ran all over the map. Definitely not our best tournament. Our dogs local to the area, did fine with the altitude but even they were tiring by the end due to the heat. Our dogs from the bay area (our team has a branch in Reno, NV) were feeling the altitude and heat early on. A fun weekend but would have preferred 15 degrees cooler!
This is the longest I have travelled with both dogs in the car (Sophie is a seasoned pro at long car rides). But I was worried about Swyatt. He did great with the 5 hour each way drive!
But he did not do well waiting in the car (parked in shade, windows open all the way...for only 15mins while I packed up the crates). He ripped papers and jumped out the window. Sophie just lays there...not Swyatt. Thankfully he ran over to the field and up to another person who grabbed him and then went looking for me.
That said....I introduce the new "used" dog mobile! I have been wanting a bigger car for a long time because I always felt it would be safer to have Sophie crated. My parents found it last week and I signed the papers this AM! Its an old car but it will do perfectly for doggy needs.


Sounds like a fun weekend. Sometimes they just go like that, where everything seems a little disjointed at a tournament. But as long as you end up having fun, it is all worth it. After all, that is why we do flyball, right?
ReplyDeleteExactly! As long as we have fun and Sophie enjoys it then we continue :-) I can't wait to get Swyatt out there too!
Delete