Sophie and I had a fun activity filled weekend (just how I like my weekends!)
Agility class on Sat went well! Our instructor split the class in two. Those more advanced and those of us with dogs who need a little more coaxing. She then set up two sequences. One was jumps in a circle and a tunnel aimed at building speed. The other was a 6 set of weaves, tunnel, tire and jump.
Sophie loved loved the circle work. She was jumping at 16 (which I believe is low for her but I am not aware of how measuring occurs for agility). She picked up speed nicely and followed directions.
She did well on the other sequence too. I just need to work on getting more of a lead on here. She is much faster than I am!
Then we brought out contacts, one side of the room did teeter and the other the dog walk. Sophie will still do neither but we had progress. No longer freaked out by the sound of the teeter slamming!!
The instructor set up a makeshift dog walk for the cautious dogs. She set up a table with a ramp. Sophie was happily going down the ramp, more cautious going up. Then the teeter was modified and she walked across it a few times. Major progress!!!
In trying to reach our goals for this year on Sunday, I convinced my parents to accompany Sophie and I on a hike. We went for a 2.4 mile hike through the woods. Great weather and wonderful scenery. Sophie did well with speeding bikes and other dogs while on leash.
I have decided she needs a backpack. I was carrying water for her, me and parents, plus her bowl, treats and assorted items. Does anyone have suggestions on a good doggy backpack?
Sorry no suggestions from here. I just throw everything in the car. I am not very organized:)
ReplyDeleteIm with Jen. Organization is not my best suite!
ReplyDeleteKari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/
I like the Ruff Wear back packs! My guys both have their own and they've heald up well. http://www.ruffwear.com/dog_packs
ReplyDeleteBackpack recommendation: the one that fits your dog the best. Each brand and type fit different, and I know I had a horrible time finding one that didn't slip to the side, bunch up, or rub on my dog.
ReplyDeleteLindsay, I have seen the Ruff Wear packs and they look really nice.
ReplyDeleteI guess, Sophie and I need to take a trip to the pet stores and try the backpacks out. :-)
Ace and I love the Ruff Wear packs as well. I highly recommend you get one for Sophie! :)
ReplyDelete