Monday, May 2, 2011

She figured out the dogwalk!!!

Sophie went over the dogwalk!! After months of refusing to do more than put two paws on the dog walk, she did it.

I took her to the agility club's outdoor location which has a rubberized dog walk. I spent a good 15mins rewarding every time she would put at least 3 paws on the walk.

On a side note, she can stretch her neck a lot trying to get treats while not moving her back paws.

All of a sudden she had four paws on. I rewarded and then she took a step and hopped right off. We tried again and this time she took a few steps before she realized what she was doing. I think the light went on sometime halfway across the dog walk. She looked down and her muscles bunched like she was going to jump but we kept walking and she went down the walk.

After that she was having a blast going up, over and down. She even remembered to offer a 2on 2off contact at the end (since she won't do the teeter or dog walk up until now, we have only practiced her 2on 2 off on a board but apparently the knowledge transferred to the dog walk)

So very proud of her!!!!

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...