Thursday, July 7, 2011

Slow week for us

No rally run thru for us. We were first on the waiting list but no one canceled. Now we have to wait until Sept.

This weekend, I have another wedding to attend so no agility class for Sophie. But we will go out on a hike Saturday afternoon which should make Sophie fairly happy :-) I will try to get pictures this time!

Flyball tournament next weekend! This has been a hard year for us in terms of getting to practices and tournaments. So many weddings, including my sister's that my weekends have just been busy. I am hopeful that next season we will be able to compete a little more.

In agility news, we are now working on a four on the floor contact for the A frame. Our trainer does not feel comfortable training the running contacts and has been using the four on the floor with her border collie. So a few of us with bigger dogs have been given instructions on how to train this new contact. Sophie and I have our work cut out for us!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Slow weeks are good! At least here they are!
    Hope you have a great one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    I had taught my corgi a 4otf for his aframe and dogwalk. I liked it a lot until he started splatting on the aframe. He would launch and then fold up so he could land in a down like a brick. Thus our gigantic project of retraining running contacts. A stopped contact is so much simpler!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...