Spent yesterday afternoon hiking. Sophie was exhausted by the end, which lasted all of 30mins once she got home.I took pictures on my phone but when I went to upload them, they were not there. Next time!
I had a friend visit us this weekend. Sophie was a wonderful hostess, showing off her toys and tricks in return for some belly rubs. My friend could not stop gushing over how wonderful my rhino is. I know she is great, but then again I am a little biased. My friend's praise really made me take a step back and recollect how much life has changed over the last 3+ years. For the better.
I was 25, when I adopted Sophie. Finishing up my 3rd year of law school. I was somewhat shy (still am but to a much lesser degree). We took classes together, we survived me studying for the bar and unemployment afterward. She was one sickly puppy. At one point the stomach issues were so non stop and reoccuring, the vet considered exploratory surgery. My life went from one of studying and socializing to chasing a puppy around the apt so she wouldn't pee. To taking my pup to the vet non stop. I became an advocate for my dog. I learned to speak up for Sophie and myself. I did so much research, emailed people I had never met to ask for advice and help. Looked for alternatives in medicine/training etc that would help Sophie.
It was an eye opening experience. I would not trade Sophie (issues and all) for anything in the world. She is my heart dog and just what I needed to really grow up. On the forum I frequent, whenever a rescue or breeder placing does not work out, people respond with "the dog that is meant for you will find you. You get the dog you are meant to get" I firmly believe that is true and I am so grateful for Miss Sophie's presence in my life.
I love this. thanks for posting!
ReplyDeletehttp://maisieme.blogspot.com/
I totally believe that. All of my current dogs are ones that some one else didn't want, but all are such an important part of my life.
ReplyDeleteI totally believe this too, even though the boys were not rescues, we were meant to be together!
ReplyDeleteI love this. It's so incredibly true.
ReplyDeleteI'd been scouring, and I do mean scouring, humane society websites, breed rescues, and Petfinder for months and months for the perfect puppy and ended up travelling 50 miles outta my way for a puppy who had been put on hold earlier that morning by another family. My dad kept telling me the perfect puppy would find me, just like you said and lo and behold, one night during one of my obsessive searches, I found her: Head tilted and spotty. :) My little Elli.
This is amazing. Thanks.
ReplyDeletewww.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com
i couldn't agree more! desmond is basically the polar opposite of what we wanted in a dog, but now i can't imagine having gotten a different size/shape/personality. should be interesting when we do finally get dog #2.
ReplyDelete