Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sophie visits with Santa

I have always wanted to get Sophie's picture taken with Santa but just never got around to it. I also thought she might freak out seeing Santa so we just have not done it.

Well this past Saturday,  the Golden Gate Labrador Retriever Rescue hosted their third annual Photo with Santa event. The even was scheduled for after agility practice so I figured Sophie would be nice and tired. Plus it was for a good cause!

So off we went. Sophie was a good sport about the whole event! There was a bit of a wait so we played lots of "Look at That". She did really well, lots of dogs and no reactivity but she was a little nervous. I kept her busy doing tricks and training which helped.

Then it was our turn with Santa. Santa fed her treats and gave her a good tummy rub so she was fine with him. But then we took picts and all the noise and commotion, plus mom not standing next to her made for a deer in headlights.

Then I got the brilliant idea to say the magic words BULLY STICK. The ears perked up, the head tilted and the photographer managed to capture it all.


Sorry for the bad quality, I took a photo of the photo. I should get the digital ones tomorrow :-)

She of course then got a big bully stick which she happily chomped on all the way home.

4 comments:

  1. aww, sophie's so cute. some of our magic words are "treat", "walk", and "ball", but if you say "treat" and don't follow up right away, desmond gets all hot and bothered. :-)

    can't wait to see the digital photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But what did she ask santa for Christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Love it! Love it! Man, Zainey would have eaten that dude's beard for lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...