I wrote this post a little over a year ago You get the Dog you were meant to get
I have wanted a second dog for a few years now. I would look at the local lab rescues site fairly often and all the dogs pulled at my heart but non jumped at me. Also it just never felt like the right time.
Yesterday by chance I stumbled on a posting by a rescue that is run by a group of members from the Lab Board I used to frequent. It is for a 6 month old female lab mix and something about her just called me. So I submitted my application last night. She already has a few applications in for her I believe and she is fostered in TX which is rather far from me.
I believe if she is meant to join us then it will all work out. If not then my second dog is out there somewhere and we will find each other when the time is right :-)
I agree with you. I think there are doggie angels in the universe that help humans get together with the right dog at the right time.
ReplyDeleteI believe if it is meant to be, it will be. If not, then it is only because the your dog is still out there waiting for you to find him or her. Good luck! I hope it all works out!
ReplyDeleteIt's so true that you get the dog you need. We're wishing you lots of luck in growing your family - whoever the pup is, they'll sure be lucky to get you!
ReplyDeleteAww, I will keep my fingers crossed. But I have learned the expression 'you get the dog you need, not necessarily the one you want' is pretty true. If she is to be with you, doors will open. If not, it's because another dog needs you more.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
I totally believe in "what's meant to be". Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteKeeping everything crossed for you, but you are right. You will get the dog that is intended for you. :-)
ReplyDeleteI agree very much that what's meant to happen is what happens. Do you have any updates for us?
ReplyDelete