I took a hiatus from looking for my next pup awhile back. I was a bit frustrated and just decided to take a step back and give it time.
Then work got rough and I knew that things had panned out the way they did for a reason. I switched jobs beginning of this year and life got so much better. Same field but new office and while its a lot of work, I no longer dread getting up in the morning. Amazing what a different boss and atmosphere can do.
So happy with how things are going, I decided to start looking again. A friend was fostering a cattle dog/corgi mix with lots of flyball potential and our team so needs height dogs. So I asked a little about her. Unfortunately she ended up with some severe resource guarding issues and I know with my god daughter, niece, jr handlers and Sophie around I can't take that on.
One of my teammates started looking at older male labradors and found what sounds like our perfect match. His video caught her attention so she immediately forwarded him to me.
Wyatt is a 1 to 1.5yr old yellow labrador fostered about 5 hours south of me. His video was a happy go lucky labrador that likes to tug. And he fetches....be still my heart!!
My application is in and the rescue says we sound like a good match. Now here is the hard part: I am gone the last two weekends of April. It wouldn't be fair to bring home a new pup and immediately have to board him or leave him with my parents while he adjusts. So I am waiting until May. If he is still available in May, Sophie and I will be road tripping it South to meet him and hopefully bring him home.
Fingers crossed please!
how exciting!!! I'm sure you'll find that perfect dog soon :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it!! You know the rescue might be able to work something with the foster home....just sayin. ;-)
ReplyDelete