Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Meeting a yellow labby

So it is finally almost May and the yellow labby is still available. I will be driving the 6hrs to Southern California with Sophie this weekend to meet him.  If introductions go well and all parties seem agreeable, he will be coming home with us on sunday.

I will be able to work from home for a majority of the summer and my dad will be home all summer. It is the ideal time to add a new member to the family.

But I have to admit I am a little worried about how Sophie will react. She loves to play but she is also use to being the center of my attention. I know dogs adapt quickly and she will probably enjoy having a playmate. But I can't help but worry that this is going to be a huge and not welcome change for her.

I am a excited/nervous/happy jumble of emotions at the moment. Ohh and his name is Wyatt but we are going to call him Swyatt (yes, Wyatt but with an S. LOL looong story).


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and I hope the intros go well. I'm no expert, but one thing I always try to do here is make sure the "resident" dog gets the most attention and lots of one on one time. It seems to ease the stress of having to accept a new family member. :-) It'll be wonderful and not unheard of if they just hit it off from day one and become bestest pals! Good luck, and can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great!! I hope it's a great fit for all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...