The title says it all! This is my blog about how two crazy labradors have changed my life forever! I hope to write a little about our adventures in flyball, agility, obedience and in general my life with Sophie and Swyatt :-)
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Not a completely wordless Wed
Sophie at Labfest in Southern California. One of my friend's managed to catch this picture of my little diva. She developed cold tail on the second day of a three day beach trip. I figured she would not want to swim since her tail was down for the count. If a picture could capture her sentiments on the matter, this would be the picture. She got to the beach and spent the day retrieving. Even when I tried to make her rest.
Labels:
labfest,
picture,
retrieving,
swimming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What in the world is "cold tail?"
ReplyDeleteHaha that was my response the first time our first lab got it. The cause is not really known nor is it only linked to swimming in cold water.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.woodhavenlabs.com/coldtail.html
The first time our first lab had it, we thought she had broken her tail somehow. She cried when she tried to sit and moped. We rushed her to the vet. They told us it was nothing to worry about and would work itself out in a few days/week. It did and she was back to normal.
Sophie has had it a few times. Unlike Shasta, Sophie refuses to let a tail problem interfere with her retrieving. I have other pictures of that weekend and you can see her tail is droopy while she waits to catch the tennis ball.
I've never heard of cold tail before either but I followed the link and was surprised to discover labs can suffer pain from this. Yikes. I imagine every lab suffers differently. I hope Sofie recovers quickly.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am glad you got to get out and enjoy the festival. Labfest sounds like a great time!
no stopping a pup who wants to fetch!
ReplyDeleteKari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com
Her expression is priceless!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info on cold tail, I have heard it mentioned before, but never knew exactly what it was.