Monday, March 12, 2012

First tournament of the year

A flyball weekend always reminds me 1) why I love flyball and 2) why I love my teammates.

Sophie and I had a great weekend. We haven't been to a tournament since October and also missed a lot of practice so I was a little worried. But Sophie remembered how to play!

Our first run we started of with a .03 and .05 start times. Always love it when we can keep them under .1

In addition, she ran a personal best time of 4.8 secs! Wohoo!!! She had a few 4.8 runs throughout the weekend.

Points wise, we didn't do so great. Our height dog was having issues bobbling the ball all saturday so we got minimal points. We also opted to let one of our slower green dogs run a few heats. Sunday we rallied and had better times and points.

From L to R and Top to Bottom: One of our green dogs, a Portuguese Water Dog. Got his first 20 points! Sasha, Yorkie height dog, Benny - Mini Schnauzer. Teammate receiving her dog's newest title and award (we give out tennis balls with the title on them)

We also managed to get videos of all our teams running. There are a few of Sophie running but here is the only one I have received so far.



She manages a decent box turn which is something we had been working on a lot. So that made me happy.

I am now super sore from catching 68lbs of labrador as she caught her tug and swung herself in a circle. But man it was fun! Can't wait for our next tournament!

6 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! I'm jealous, I haven't been to a tournament in what feels like forever!

    Are you planning on going to the Gridley U-Fli tournament in May? I'm debating taking a trip down to it if I get the chance and Koira is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! Sore is worth it when you are having fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!

    It sure does sound like you guys are having lots of fun :)

    Loved the video

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! We considered flyball, but ended up with agility.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...