Thursday, September 27, 2012

Time to re group

My rhino and our friend Zainey posing during their hike.

Update re our quest for a sibling for Sophie: I contacted a third rescue and my application was approved. I was then told to email the foster of the dog, I was interested in. Unfortunately I was told that the dog had been given to the rescue because he was nipping children and they were unable to correct that behavior even working with trainers.

I don't have kids but who knows what the future holds. In addition we have lots of junior handlers on our team and my god daughter is a toddler that spends a good amount of time at my home. So I need a dog I can trust with children. They won't be left alone ever but I still need a little more patience for children in my dogs.

I have decided to back off the search for now and re group. Working with 3 different rescues has been enlightening and at times very frustrating. I still prefer to go the rescue route but in the end I may not. I know its a personal choice for everyone but it is one I will no doubt continue to wrestle with as I wait to find the right fur kid.

Sophie will be 5 in a months time. I would ideally like to add a fur kid within the next year. I don't want to wait much longer than that because I think as she gets older she may not tolerate puppy exuberance as readily lol.

Thank you to everyone for the comments and support over the last month or so of our search!

2 comments:

  1. I am sure that when the right dog comes along it will all work out

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me the longest time to find Delilah Patty, don't give up. It will work out the way it is supposed to. Sometimes we need to trust to a higher power. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...