Where have the last few months gone? I can't believe I have not updated our blog since October. The time just flies. Sophie is doing well and being her usual energetic bouncy silly self. She is my bright light in what has been a rough few months at work and personal life (which includes more flyball drama than I ever wanted to deal with :-P)
Since the year is almost up, I thought I would take a look at our 2012 Goal List before I start working our 2013 list (which will include being better about blogging and keeping up with my favorite blogs!)
1) Learn to pass dogs coming out of the lanes so Sophie can run multiple positions instead of only start dog: I think we can cross this one off the list and mark it a success. Sophie has been passing dogs as she enters the lanes since April and at last count she was at 7 different dogs. I am thrilled with how she is doing! She no longer runs start dog and instead runs 2nd or 3rd which given that she is a big black dog and we usually run outdoors in heat, not running start is a good thing for her!
2) Conquer the teeter: Success....she doesn't love the teeter but she will do it.
3) Visit Fort Funston while it is still an off leash beach as much as possible! Oops! We never made it to Fort Funston. In fact we only made it to the beach once this year. But she had a blast!
4) Earn Sophie's Flyball Master title (needed 1,528 points) Check! She earned her FM title in June at our club tournament.
5) Try out at least 3 new hiking trails CHECK! Thanks to Hike a Bulls we have tried out 4 new trails in the Bay Area. Looking forward to next year and more hikes!
6) Complete first leg of Rally Novice Title: We took a hiatus from training classes (obedience and agility) so no competing. Planning to restart classes in two weeks.
7)Take more pictures of Sophie and really just in general use my camera more: Check! My IG and facebook accounts have been inundated with Sophie photos though most were thanks to my iphone not my Nikon
8) in addition to #7, take a photography class this year at some point: next year!
9) Move to Level 2 CPE (I am not going to push this one, if it happens great, if not we have time): see #6, agility and obedience were on hold this year due to work and life complications. We need to find a class that fits our schedule and hopefully can resume agility next year
10) Complete the Couch to 5K program: oops forgot this was even on the list :-P
11) spruce up the blog!oops forgot this was even on the list :-P
12) learn to snowboard
Looking forward to 2012 and whatever new adventures it may bring! Unfortunately I was unable to make it out to the snow this year....maybe next!
No comments:
Post a Comment