I like lists...maybe its part of my slightly type A personality but lists make me happy. I don't overly worry about completing said lists but regardless I make them.
So that said this is the third year I will be making a goals list for Sophie and myself.
1) Earn at least one leg towards Rally Novice title - this has been on our list the last two years. Life has gotten in the way of us being consistent with training and classes. I am hopeful that this year will be different.
2) Earn her Canine Good Citizenship
3) Make some headway into the 3,032 points Sophie needs for her FMX title
4) Explore at least 3 new trails - Sophie enjoys hikes and the exercise is needed for me!
5) Run for the Seals 4mile run or 2 mile walk - dog friendly event in our area. I am aiming for the 4 mile run but at the very least I plan for us to join the walk
6) Complete Project 365
7) Complete Level 1 CPE title - this one might be a bit hard since I have yet to find us an agility class that fits our schedule so to that end...
8) Find an agility class that fits our schedule with an instructor we like
9) Participate in the Canine Walk for Cancer
10) Teach Sophie 3 new tricks (I am setting the bar low here and won't count rally commands)
And above all have fun with my rhino.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Thanks for the comment on my blog - It'll be fun to follow along with your 365 as well. Sophie is a lab? I've grown up with labs all my life (and I miss my dogs like crazy while im at school) and have spent lots of time in the conformation ring - never done anything like flyball though!
ReplyDeleteSophie is a lab mix...as far as we can tell. We think she might have border collie or shepherd of some sort in her since she does have some bc/shepherd traits. She is my first dog I have done sports with and its been a lot of fun and a little crazy :-)
Delete