Week Two of Project 365...a little behind on posting!
Day 8: A gorgeous clear chilly day in SF. Now that the holidays are over the outdoor ice rinks are being dismantled.
Day 9: Chocolate Lava Cake from Trader Joe's for dessert. Delicious!
Day 10: Not a huge fan of the composition of this one. But I love the colors and the bird that randomly appeared.
Day 11: It has been a long and difficult few months at work but Sophie can always put a smile on her face. I was working on my computer and when I looked up she was fast asleep like that.
Day 12: Went to the yearly Pet Expo in our area. Watched dock diving, schutzund demos and agility demos.Had to walk away from the rescue section as I saw a few dogs described as having great temperaments and being energetic...I could have happily taken them home.
Only photo with DSLR this weekend. Didn't edit it yet. I am learning to use my non auto focusing 50mm so the picture is not as sharp as I would like.
Day 13: Our flyball team...like any organized sports with a big group of participants has its share of drama...but I love that we can for the most part most it all aside and come together to celebrate. Our club's first junior handler celebrated his 10th birthday last week. We had a team dinner before practice on Sunday to celebrate.






That's a lot of photographs! LOL sounds like a fun project.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to catch up on blog reading and I'm reading your problem with the neighbor and the fence and I see someone named Stitch mentioned. Did I miss something?
BTW, I have no thoughts on how to stop the dog from charging the fence. :-(
So far it has been fun though the last few days I find myself forgetting amidst the busy work day to get a picture of my day.
DeleteStitch is my parents 11yr old bichon. He is a rescue and came from a fairly bad background (we knew the previous owner). Taken from his litter at 3 weeks, never socialized with other dogs or many people. His previous owner's significant other abused him too. The poor little guy had a rough first two years of his life. He came to live with us and we quickly learned of his fears and fear aggression. But he loved my dad and our 6yr old Lab Shasta. So we dug in and worked with him. Met a behaviorist and he made great progress with our family. But he still dislikes strangers and other dogs. He tolerates Sophie but lacks normally doggy social skills which makes this difficult at times. They are never left alone together and we monitor all interactions.
I plan on moving out later this year and will at that time resume my hunt for doggy #2 :-)