The weekend went pretty well. Sophie and Swyatt met at the boarding facility where he has been kenneled since January. He is much smaller than I thought, a total pocket labby lol.
Very energetic and sweet. He met Sophie onleash for the first and it went surprisingly well. Sophie is leash reactive so I was weary of on an on leash meeting but we had no location for off leash at the time. She did very well with him and they took a short walk together.
The next day the rescue was able to set up an off leash meet site. Swyatt had a massive case of the zoomies after being kenneled. He is a fast and agile boy --> very exciting for flyball and agility prospects.
He still has a ways to go as we need to work on basic obedience and socialization. Sophie and him got into a minor scuffle during the off leash meeting. But after going to their respective corners to calm down they did just fine. He spent time running around fetching (was retrieving oranges lol) and she just wandered and sniffed.
We are now home. It is going to be an adjustment for all. Swyatt is getting used to being in a house and learning boundaries, both with us and with Sophie. It is funny but you forget how much work puppies are. All the commands I expect Sophie to respond to (and she does) are ones I now need to remember how I taught and work with Swyatt on them.


Awww! He's super precious! I'm glad everything went well and here's to your new labraduo!
ReplyDeleteOh, and, you're gonna have to change your blog title now. ;)
LOL, you are right I do! I may steal that labraduo idea :-)
DeleteHe's adorable, best of luck!!
ReplyDeleteYay! So glad it went well. Post lots on the new boy!!!
ReplyDelete