Thursday, October 27, 2011

Missing Shasta and a good cause

Today would have been my Shasta's 14th birthday. It has been almost 5 years since we lost her to cancer. I still miss her very much.  In honor of her birthday, I will be donating toward Super Levi's surgery costs
Please check out Two Pitties in the City's blog and read all about their wonderful foster, Levi and the fundraiser to help him keep his sight.

We miss you Shasta! I know you are running free on the bridge.

 We have the line up orders: We are running first in our height in both Standard and Jumpers on Saturday.

One more practice session tonight and tomorrow Sophie will spend the day resting (this is our usual flyball routine) Then we are off bright and early Saturday morning (5am).

My parents are going to be joining us so they can watch their grand fur kid and will hopefully take some pictures.

We are ready and excited. 4 years ago, I would never have pictured myself spending my weekends at dog sporting events. Now, I can't imagine not getting to spend this time with my sweet girl!


3 comments:

  1. Good luck at agility! Hopefully you can bring back some pictures to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Shasta looks like she was a beautiful girl! Happy Birthday to her:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow! I will be rooting for you and Sophie. Remember to breathe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...