Sophie is not a fan of this diet. While she loves her green beans, she insists she is being underfed. She therefore has taken to staring at you while you eat. Silly pup. Weigh in is next week. Here is hoping we get some results!
We are signed up for our first agility trial in 3 weeks. CPE Standard Level 1 and Jumpers Level 1. Excited and nervous!
Obedience classes have started again. We moved up a level which is challenging for us. It is no longer a night time class which means I don't have to worry about shadows and unexpected people freaking Sophie out but it also means more noise/distractions. The class ranges in level, us on one end of the spectrum (i.e. never competing) all the way to those who have gained their CD and higher. It is inspiring to see some of these dogs working off leash so in tune with their owners. Hoping we get to that level someday. And enjoying the adventure in the meantime.
I am very proud of her progress. We may not have a title (yet) but 2 years ago, I didn't think we would ever get to the point that I could place her in a down stay (secured to a gazebo) and help a classmate with stand for exam. All while lots of dogs were nearby (not close to her but well within view). She calmly looked around. Barked once her displeasure at being left but other than she was fine. Progress which means the world to me! Granted she still has her moments but I really didn't think we would get to this point when her leash reactivity first started.
Unfortunately we did not complete week 4 of K9 Kamp :-\ And are way behind in the 12 week photo course. Hoping to catch up this weekend.
Ohh and Miss Sophie will be celebrating her 4th birthday soon. Suggestions on good doggy gifts?
Food aways works for me ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm always a fan of a new collar. Speaking of birthdays, come by our blog for Skye's 4th birthday party on Thursday!
ReplyDeleteYep, food is what we tend to give. Last year I went by a local doggy bakery and bought her a special bone. Happy birthday to Sophie!
ReplyDeleteAnd congratulations on entering your first trial! That's huge! I can't wait to read about how it goes, though I know you are both goung to have a blast. You are such an inspiration!
hooray for sophie and hooray for progress! you must be so proud and relieved. congrats.
ReplyDeletealso, i totally vote for a trip to the barkery as a 4th bday present. :-)
ReplyDelete