Monday, March 19, 2012

2 out of 3 :-)

Our weekend agility trial ended up only being one day. I got sick on Saturday so we only ran on Sunday.

It was a good trial! We started at 8 and our three runs were done by noon. Always nice to be done early!

We ran a Standard, Wildcard and Snooker. We Q-ed in 2 out of 3. We needed the Snooker Q for our Level 1 Title but that was the one we didn't Q in.

Our Standard run was clean and Sophie again surprised me a little with her speed. She seems to like trialing much more than class. We took 4th with a nice clean run.

Our Snooker run was kind of a mess. Again Sophie had more speed than I was prepared for. She exited a tunnel before I reached the end and by the time I gave the cue to take a jump, she had gone off to sniff. I got her back on track but it went jump, lots of room to run and pick up speed then tunnel. She always come outs of a tunnel looking for me. Well she had picked up enough speed that she shot out of the tunnel and had already locked onto the next tunnel instead of the jump I was trying to cue. So we NQ-ed. Next time!

Our Wildcard went really well and we took 1st place :-). I was prepared for her speed. We had the double tunnel set up again but I was able to block the second tunnel and get her over the dog walk.

Overall a great agility sunday! Videos to come later


7 comments:

  1. Glad it went OK. Not nice to be ill :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your agility trialing days have started for sure! And 2/3 is doing pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend, expect for the sick part:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the hardest part of agility if beatng your dog to the next obstacle. :-) Delilah is way faster than I am.

    You will get that Q, don't worry about it and I am glad that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sophie,

    It sounds to me like you're way faster than your Mum buddy - and she doesn't even have to go through the tunnels!! Tee Hee

    I'm faster than my Mum when we go running too, well, I guess they only have 2 legs!!

    Well done,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't tried a trial yet, but it's great that you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry for the late response but glad to hear things are going well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...