Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ugh...so my fault.

I had one of those, I broke my dog moments. You know the moments I mean. When you did something and probably shouldn't and now your dog is acting a little off.

Well, Sophie and I usually take lots of walks outdoors and her nails get naturally filed that way. The last few weeks at work have been awful, lots of late nights and crazy clients. So our walks got cut out and her nails grew. In the back of my head, I made a mental note to get her to the groomer for a nail clip asap. Unfortunately, it slipped my mind before class.

We went to agility class last week and Sophie was having a good week. Then she sort of slipped on the top part of the dog walk. But she went over it a few more times in the day and I thought nothing of it.

Cut to this week's class. She would NOT go over the dog walk. Absolutely refused. Did it once and was almost crawling across the top part. I felt like the worst mom ever since if I had clipped her nails she wouldn't have slipped last week and therefore now be freaking out.

I gave her a break, pulled out the good cheese treats and tried again after class. NADA.

I won't be in town this weekend so I decided to take Sophie to the outdoor agility field that has rubberized contacts on Sunday to try to get her over the freak out.

I finally got her to go over it. But she has definitely lost speed and takes it super cautiously unlike before where she flew over it. Ugh, I feel so bad!

We did some circle work to get her excited/happy. She sure can move fast. I need to work on my speed LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up. We all make mistakes; you are so good with Sophie, it may take some time but you will get her back to speed. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...