Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You pay for that?

I am not sure if this happens to others but it makes me laugh and is a pretty routine occurrence:

Co-worker: Traveling for the long weekend?
Me: No travel this weekend. Tournament in a few weeks so can't afford hotels 2 weeks in a row.
Co-worker: tournament for what?
Me: Flyball with my dog
Co-worker: Is there a cash prize?
Me: Nope
Co-worker: so umm what do you win? anything?
Me: sometimes we get toys. But it is mainly for fun.
Co-worker: you travel, pay for hotel and tournaments and don't win anything?
Me: yeah, but I have an awesome time with my dog and teammates
Co-worker: ::stares at me oddly...may even blink in disbelief a few times::

I swear if I had a dollar for the amount of times I had that same conversation or variations of it (insert obedience or agility classes instead of flyball tournaments), I would be rich! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Lol, that happens to me all the time.

    Biggest laugh ever, when crossing the border from Canada to the US after a flyball weekend: Border guard asks if we won anything at our tournament, including cash or prizes. We look at each other, shrug, and say we got a couple tug toys. Guard asks, are they worth more than a thousand dollars?

    We managed to hold in the insane hysterical laughter until after he waved us through...barely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That happens all the time to us too with dog shows. For some reason people think we actually win money. I wish! We will never get back what we put in to it, we just do it because we love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...