I just got my Nifty Fifty lens (literally about an hour ago) so I figured I would give it a whirl and complete the Lesson. (caveat the new lens doesn't autofocus on my camera so I am still getting used to manual focusing)
My indoor set: The Festive Cow
f/1.8, 1/100 sec ISO 1600
f/4, 1/25 sec ISO 1600
My outdoor set: Bougainvillea (at least I think it is)
f/1.8, 1/125 sec ISO 400
f/4, 1/25 sec ISO 400
f/8, 1/6 sec ISO 400
f/18, 1 sec ISO 400
The big thing I learned: I can get those wonderful pictures with the blurry background by manipulating the aperture!
Looking forward to the next lesson already!







I love your photos (especially the second set!). Do you like the nifty fifty so far? It took me a little to get used to it, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of not having a zoom. I think it takes great photos.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am still getting used to the lens. I am looking forward to taking out tomorrow during the day. It is going to take me sometime to deal with not having a zoom. But it is definitely making me think ahead of time about what i want to photograph.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me think more too (which I guess is good! haha). Have fun!
ReplyDeleteLove those shots! Isn't this fun!
ReplyDeleteI think those flowers are called fuschias!