The title says it all! This is my blog about how two crazy labradors have changed my life forever! I hope to write a little about our adventures in flyball, agility, obedience and in general my life with Sophie and Swyatt :-)
Monday, September 19, 2011
K9 Kamp Week 1 and 2 Update
A little behind on updating our K9 Kamp Adventure:
Week 1: The challenge was to walk for 60 minutes. Sophie and I usually go hiking on the weekends so off we went for our hike. We did the 5 mile hike instead of our normal 3 mile hike in the spirit of keeping up with the K9 Kamp challenge. No pictures (Sophie needs a backpack so she can carry the water and I can carry the camera!)
Week 2 Challenge: Play fetch for 60minutes
We put our own spin on the challenge so it would fit our weekend plans. We did the 4 sessions of 15 minutes a piece over the span of a flyball practice. So it was not fetch exactly (as I was not throwing the ball), though there was retrieving and full out running. From both of us! We both ended practice very tired. :-)
Looking forward to finding out what Week 3 will be.
Labels:
flyball,
hike,
K9 Camp Challenge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Great you two did fly ball! Now I feel like a wimp!
ReplyDeleteYou definitely need a backpack for Sophie! I just love Elli's backpack; not only does it free up the hands, but it takes so much weight off it's insane. :)
ReplyDeleteAWESOME JOB! Flyable definitely counts! Way to go!! If you haven't already make sure you visit kolchakpuggle.com before the end of day tomorrow to enter to winsome great prizes!
ReplyDeleteSampson and Delilah are not assisting me with the fetching. I am throwing the bumper and then running up to it and throwing it again. I can only imagine how this looks to an outsider. :-)
ReplyDeleteI didn't make it to doing the challenge this week, but if I go along with you, I think a full weekend tournament of running two dogs counts as our weekly exercise requirement!
ReplyDelete