
I am excited to finally use my Nikon in a setting other than Automatic!
Sophie and I will also be joining the K9 Camp Challenge
This week's challenge is 60mins of walking. I foresee having a lot more issues with the challenges than Sophie though this one should be ok.
One last thing: Sophie went over the teeter yesterday! :happy dance: Multiple times!
We have been working on this for almost a year now with little luck. Thanks to classmate's suggestion I taught her to "bang: on a wobble board. She would slam her two front paws on the board and get a treat. But that wonderful command did not transfer to the teeter. Last week she was offering to bang the teeter but not getting on it.
So this week at our new Wed practice night, I worked on getting her to bang and then getting up on the teeter. She offered that behavior fairly quickly. We worked on that for awhile and then I had her start on one end walk across and I slowly lowered it while stuffing cheese in her mouth and saying Go Bang. Then all of a sudden she started picking up speed and offering the bang on her own as she walked across. I squealed so loudly I made the other person in the facility jump. Sophie was just happy to eat her cheese. She kept offering the walk across and bang. Progress!
She really will do just about anything for cheese. :-)

Oh Yay! I'm so glad you're going to do the photo course too!!
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for progress! And cheese!! :-)
Yay! Sherman and I look forward to Kamping with you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like some really great progress on the teeter!
ReplyDeleteI am planning on doing both the photo course and the kamp as well, though I have to see what time I have for getting it done and blogging about it.
You will be so busy (in a good way) with these two challenges. I bet Sophie is thrilled!
ReplyDeleteWe're so excited that you're kamping with us! I wish I had time to do the 26to life photography challenge to but...I'm outta time already!
ReplyDeleteYay Sophie! Parker, Skye, Sinatra, and I are also in Kamp with Kol and Kelly- it's so much fun!
ReplyDelete